Monday, June 13, 2011

ADVICE FROM ITALIANS



Through-out our time in Italy we’ve been getting a lot of advice from from really wonderful people and very successful designers. I thought I’d write a quick blog to consolidate all of their words of wisdom.

“If I listen, I forget. If I see, I memorize. If I make, I understand” – Bruno Munari


“Be always curious. Be always foolish.” – Steve Jobs paraphrased by Patrizia Scarzella

“If you are not curious, forget it.” Achille Castiglioni

“You must read philosophy because it is important to understand different points of
view.” – Stefanio Gionavanni

“Be flexible.” – Marc Sadler

“Follow your instincts and believe in your ideas. You are the best interpreters of future needs.” – Representative from B&B Italia

“Be curious, be determined.” – Velanio Castelli

“I never give suggestions to the students because they have to be independent from the old people like me” – Alessandro Mendini

“Know the market.” – Rodrigo Rodriques

“Ask yourself, ‘What do you want?’ and do what you like.” – Marco Bettiol

"Don't have so many projects. Instead, have many experiences." & "Designers should push for change." - Danielle Lago

"Don't be afraid or ashamed to show your ideas." - Representative from Bisazza

"Open your eyes and see what's happening around you" - Caterina form Fabrica

"The best characteristic you can work on is being curious" - Carlo Binati from Foscarini

"Everything you're going to design is outside - go outside and explore, research and get inspired" - Galliano Ferro Chandelier Factory in Murano

By Anne Charbonneau, Amanda Cox and Laura Van Staveren

Keywords: Society, Design History

No comments:

Post a Comment