Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wood Galore

Heyo! This was way back when in Rome during the surprisingly high class Golden Compass design exhibitions but I noticed that they use wood in lots of interesting ways. For example a wooden sink! (I'm sorry the pic is a bit small) What UP! And that bench with the unique natural wood patterns was gorgeous. This might not be that new to some people but I found it interesting how they use wood in some of the products (especially furniture) in Italian design (the ones that I have seen anyway). Not too sure about the practicality of these products but the creativity and beauty of them might trump their functionality… what do you guys think? These products are just in the pictures below :) Unfortunately I didn't record the designers of these products but feel free to add other info and /or any other pics of cool uses of wood that you guys have encountered on this trip!








No comments:

Post a Comment